Our immune systems are complex internal cells and proteins which prevent the body from infection. They are individualised and there is no ‘one size fits all’. With the COVID-19 pandemic that has taken over many of our lives for the last 12 months, we thought it would be a good idea to take about natural ways to help increase your immune system. Imagine if we never had to wear the medical masks again because everyone had a better immune system… how wonderful would that be? Unrealistic at present but if we all practised better hygiene and had access to effective healthcare and healthy living, the world would certainly be a cleaner and healthier place.
Here are some of our top tips to help boost your immune system:
- Stop smoking. It’s not as easy as that, we know but honestly, quitting smoking will alone boost your immune system and it’s healthier for you in many more ways, as we know.
- Eat cleaner. Better your diet by eating more vegetables and fruits.
- Hydrate yourself. More water = healthier skin, hair, internal organs.
- Wash your hands. How many of you have avoided the cold/flu since the ‘hand washing’, ‘hands, face, space’ was made mandatory? I haven’t been poorly for a year now. Other than allergies, but what can you do? Hand washing prevents spreading germs and infection. Let’s keep it up.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight. Again, this is not always easy but it will help boost your immune system.
- Sleep properly and well. Sleep contributes to our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Ensure you get enough.
- Keep on top of your recommended vaccinations and jabs.
- See your G.P when necessary.
- Try to minimise stress and improve your overall wellbeing.
Let’s all try